Bourbon Advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizzard

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm planning to pick up a bottle of bourbon for a buddy. I know he likes Templeton Rye. I would like to get a bottle of Stranahan's, Leopold Bros., Breckenridge, or another Denver-area bourbon, because I think that would be a nice treat (he is in Seattle). Any advice or recommendations on the three listed or on another I should consider?

Thanks in advance...

I have no idea what Templeton Rye is like but Leopold Bros' Am. Whiskey is great stuff. It is somewhat unique in that you really taste the flavors of the grain (rye, corn) more so than the barrel, which I guess is what they were aiming for. I bought a bottle on my last trip to CO and have been really enjoying it.

And you cant go wrong with their gin... certainly one of the best gins available anywhere. It is light on the juniper, but my god is it smooth.

Being from Kentucky, gotta say the only real Bourbon is Kentucky bourbon. All that limestone filtered water and kentucky corn.

I recommend Bulleit, 10 yr is good as well as the Rye. Heard Basil Hayden is good as well.

Henry22 said:
Being from Kentucky, gotta say the only real Bourbon is Kentucky bourbon. All that limestone filtered water and kentucky corn.

I recommend Bulleit, 10 yr is good as well as the Rye. Heard Basil Hayden is good as well.

+1 :mug:

It depends on how much you want to spend, but Woodford Reserve is a very good higher-end bourbon. I like Four Roses Single Barrel and Elijah Craig as well.

I personally like bulleit quite a bit, but I was hoping to get something from colorado.

Sounds like you guys like leopold. Is it better than stranahan's? Seems like stranahan's gets all of the press.

Latest posts

Back