Bought it for the bottle... turned out to be a great beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronacj

Reaction score
I'm always in the market for neat bottles, went to the base gas station and they had these guys. Never heard of the beer but i got two 4 packs. Bought it for the bottles but this is the best lagar i have ever had. My lager experience is limited but this is a great beer.

317fp80.jpg

Same price to buy empty brown swingtops or full grolsch. I don't like that the bottles are green, but store them right and it won't matter. I sort or like the skunkiness of grolsch in the middle of summer.

Yeah, a lot of people talk bad on Grolsch but I don't think it's bad. I use green and clear bottles all of the time with no issue, I just toss a blanket, towel, whatever on top of my conditioning bottles.

My beer conditions in a closet so i'm not worried. Just happy i got a 2 for 1 deal.

My friend got me a bottle of Rogue Imperial IPA for Christmas. He said, "It might turn out good or it might turn out bad, but I mainly thought you'd like the cool black swing-top bottle" :) I've been saving it in the fridge (yum yum yum) but I should crack it soon, because, HI I AM AN IIPA.

I thought this was going to be a thread about Lucky Buddha Beer, which I've never had, because I've always just kinda assumed the bottle was the best part about the beer ...

I actually had that beer last weekend. We were at a sushi place with my son and his fiance. The manager is a friend of theirs, so he brought us a couple of these to try. They keep it around to give to people having birthdays, etc.

The beer wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. Much better than the mass produced stuff they sell at Walmart.

I ended up keeping the two bottles and the manager has promised to save me whatever empties people leave behind.:rockin: I'll have to share some home brew with him for being so nice.

I had Rogue's Morimoto Pilsner, and it was wonderful. I bought two bottles, just for the ceramic bottles, and the beer was worth it. Same with Rogue's Old Crustacean barleywine style ale. I suspect that the third bottle at the liquor store will end up on my empty table by week's end.

I once purchased some beer from Belgium, just because it had a ceramic, flip-top bottle. Good beer. 2L flip-top bottle with Oktoberfest in it. I nipped away at it for three days.

I suspect that all of my crown-cap bombers are going to be for my distributed beers, and the flip-tops are for more controlled applications.

Back