Bought a new ride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

springer

Reaction score
Went to get a battery for the Springer and came home with this

DSCF1907.jpg

DSCF1906.jpg

Nice bike. How much did you get it for?

It has too many options for my taste. I like them as stripped down as possible. Here's mine. 2006 Suzuki LS 650 Bobber.

Bike2.jpg

Bike.jpg

Gosh, whenever I buy a battery for my motorcycle...all I get is a new battery!

glenn514:mug:

It has too many options for my taste. I like them as stripped down as possible. Here's mine. 2006 Suzuki LS 650 Bobber.

I'm in love w your bike (well I'm not really into flames, more the style)

And yours is nice too Kevin ;) We call those "geezer glides" :p

He got every bit they charged him for. ;)

The HD means it can go 1920 miles on 1080 quarts of oil progressively. :D

lol

Serious?

Bikes don't have seatbelts. Only helmet, forward lighting, and exhaust pipe laws depending on jurisdiction.

i think, it was a joke. you know, as in, might as well just buy a convertable?

the one i hear most is "do you have to wear a life jacket?" as in, boat...get it?

Serious?

Bikes don't have seatbelts. Only helmet, forward lighting, and exhaust pipe laws depending on jurisdiction.

lol

i think, it was a joke. you know, as in, might as well just buy a convertable?

the one i hear most is "do you have to wear a life jacket?" as in, boat...get it?

Ha! I like that one too!

I have a stripped Springer

Cool! this one look very good! where did you buy it? I hope to see one as good as you buy too! Really cool!

Maroney's HD New Windsor NY

...invented in 1856, but HD'll still charge you outrageous sums money for 19th century technology! :drunk:

Actually it is old tech but still performs well. And I never have to change fork oil just a shock every now and again and it looks bitchin

springerdw.jpg

I love the springer but it was getting old packing it up for long trips . She will be my bar hopper and weekend riding bike. The geezer glide will be for the week/month long trips

Actually it is old tech but still performs well. And I never have to change fork oil just a shock every now and again and it looks bitchin

i don't wanna get into a big arguement about it but it does certainly does not perform well, especially when compared to modern (not even all that "modern", cartridge forks were invented many decades ago) suspension technology.

you would be absolutely amazed how well your bike would handle with cartridge forks.

i don't wanna get into a big arguement about it but it does certainly does not perform well, especially when compared to modern (not even all that "modern", cartridge forks were invented many decades ago) suspension technology.

you would be absolutely amazed how well your bike would handle with cartridge forks.

Not going to argument but I owned a softail standard with cartridge forks which is the exact same bike as my Springer and there is no discernable difference in handleing other than the Springer rides a little harder . I can run circles around my Fatboy with the Springer . Have you ridden a Springer ? Not the Heritage but the FXSTS

I have a stripped Springer

Maroney's HD New Windsor NY

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af316/MarkSS66/springerdw.jpg

I love the springer but it was getting old packing it up for long trips . She will be my bar hopper and weekend riding bike. The geezer glide will be for the week/month long trips

It's beautiful.

It's beautiful.

doing some more mods this winter . I want to change the rear fender to a chopped fender like yours and install a spring seat.

I like what you did with yours . My buddy is making a cafe racer out of a 80 honda CB 650

Dang! Great bike Springer. Love HD's. Seems like you have a good collection. Roady Fatboy Springer..... I couldn't help my self in Feb and purchased a Dyna wide glide.

ForumRunner_20120709_163332.jpg

Being a fan of chopped fenders what do you thing of the new Slim!

doing some more mods this winter . I want to change the rear fender to a chopped fender like yours and install a spring seat.

I like what you did with yours . My buddy is making a cafe racer out of a 80 honda CB 650

I wish I could take credit for it. All I've done is replace a battery and attach an L bracket to the fender for my license plate.

Dang! Great bike Springer. Love HD's. Seems like you have a good collection. Roady Fatboy Springer..... I couldn't help my self in Feb and purchased a Dyna wide glide.

View attachment 67699

Being a fan of chopped fenders what do you thing of the new Slim!

Not a fan . Too much fender both front and rear i am chopping a fender I have to just behind the seat and taking the front completely off

Latest posts

Back