Bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpume

Reaction score
Hello evryone am honoured to be part of this exciting app.i started my brewing 2 weeks back using mangroves jack and evrything seems to be in order.what i would love to know is when am bottling am i going to need a bottling bucket or should i just do cold rush then i bottle directly from the fermentation bucket? Thank you in advance

Bottling buckets make using regular sugar easier to use for priming and racking to a bottling bucket keeps some of the gunk out of the bottles, so if I was you and it was super convenient to pick up a bottling bucket then yes, but if you live in Manitoba and everything is a hundred miles away, then don't worry about it and just bottle from your fermentor until you can get a bottling bucket. Just use something like domino dots or priming drops if you bottle directly from the fermentor.

I bottle directly from the fermenter and using carbination tabs/drops and I have had good results doing that.

Drives me crazy because I am ridiculous about keeping everything sanitized, but at the end I'm picking up carbination tabs with my fingers that, while clean, aren't sanitized. But my beers usually turn out pretty good, IMHO.

Depends on how you want to do it. If you want to batch prime by just adding a sugar solution to the beer, then you'll need a bottling bucket. If you are good with adding sugar or carb tabs directly to every bottle, then you can bottle right from the primary.

For me personally, I was never able to accurately judge how much beer I was going to bottle so I was always wary about how much sugar I was adding to batch prime. So I've always been a bottle prime kind of guy.

I find it to be easier to just batch prime in a bottling bucket rather than pop a tab or pour sugar into 5 gallons worth of bottles. Plus the bottling wand attachment that goes onto the bottling bucket tap makes bottling so much easier IMO.

Latest posts

Back