Bottling pee!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henrybeggs

Reaction score
My Skeeter Pee is approaching it's final gravity--or at least what Lon believes it will reach--and I am concerned about bottling. I have a filling wand and a bucket with a spigot, is it really that simple? I know I have to sanitize everything beforehand, but do I just have to put in the desired quantity of Pee and cap it? What I'm most concerned about is making sure it lasts in its bottles.
Thanks.

Are you also doing the stabilizing and back sweetening, and clearing too?

I'm gonna try to start a batch this weekend. Still have to decide how to make the starter.

I'm gonna keg it.

Cpt_Kirks said:
I'm gonna try to start a batch this weekend. Still have to decide how to make the starter.

I'm gonna keg it.

For my starter I just rehydrated the yeast, added a tiny amount of nutrient and slowly introduced around 4 tables spoons at a time of the skeeter pee until it started bubbling, then I would add another small amount and just continued until I had around a quart of actively fermenting wine.

Latest posts

Back