Bottling in Screw cap quart beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerenstein

Reaction score
Hi, so I mentioned doing this on another thread and someone asked for an update. I bottled these Friday afternoon, and put them in an ice box with no ice to carbonate. the 2 liter bottles are nice and firm, and when I open the lid to the cooler , I don't smell beer. No leaks either. Seems like it's working. I used thread tape on half of the glass bottles and nothing on the other half.

1414354092326.jpg

Well, I bottled them last Thursday and today is Monday. Still no beer smell from the cooler, and the 2 liter mountain dew bottles are rock hard. At this point , I'm thinking these screw cap bottles will hold very nicely. I want to pop a top so badly! But know that I shouldn't, lol...

Patience, young grasshoppa!!

Keep us updated in the following weeks, it'd be interesting to see if there's any difference between the taped and un-taped glass bottles.

I couldn't stand it any more. I just opened up a glass screw top glass bottles, and poured myself a little glass. The beer was light , dry, and tasty. Lightly carbonated. Very tasty and refreshing. I'm glad I decided to make this as my first batch. The alcohol kind of punched me in the face by the first half glass , and left me with a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling after the fact. Very nice. :)

Back