Bottling Help...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeSTL

Reaction score
I made such a mess bottling my first batch, that I decided I needed a little help. Since my dog wasn't up for the job, I built this. It holds 12 bottles. I can easily fill all 12, then cap each one without having to move the bottle and potentially spill anything. It made my second batch 10 times easier.

Bottler.jpg

If you're like me, you're bottling on your own. It takes a minimum of three hands. I like this, it looks pretty stable. Offset with a hole saw, cool.
The wife helped me - once.
That was when the capping and bottling chore was a novelty and she couldn't figure out how to use the capper ... but that's OK. Beer time is usually my time and even when it's work, it's still fun.

If you're like me, you're bottling on your own. It takes a minimum of three hands. I like this, it looks pretty stable. Offset with a hole saw, cool.
The wife helped me - once.
That was when the capping and bottling chore was a novelty and she couldn't figure out how to use the capper ... but that's OK. Beer time is usually my time and even when it's work, it's still fun.

Exactly. Though my first bottling experience was not very fun to me. I got it all done, but I made a couple spills and I was mostly unorganized. I was using a bucket to hold 6 beers while I poured, then took them out to cap them. I really was not having any fun, so I figured I needed to do something more productive!

That looks pretty cool! After a few batches you'll get your process down and what works for you and then it won't seem like so much of a chore.

Back