Bottling growlers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanton

Reaction score
Hello,

Just a couple questions,

1. Which is the best way to bottle growlers?

2. Do I carb the beer in my keg first and fill from my draft tower faucet with a hose to the bottle of the growler? (I know to keep the bottle cold)

3. What is the shelf life of a growler once filled? And about 2-3 days once opened?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Just a couple questions,

2. Do I carb the beer in my keg first and fill from my draft tower faucet with a hose to the bottle of the growler? (I know to keep the bottle cold)

3. What is the shelf life of a growler once filled? And about 2-3 days once opened?

Thanks in advance.

Generally not recommended to bottle in growlers. Another thread on this topic indicates growlers can have inconsistent thickness/thin spots in the glass, making them unreliable/possibly dangerous under carbing conditions.

Hello,

Just a couple questions,

Thanks in advance.

Yes, make sure to turn down the pressure and bleed the headspace first.
3 days is pretty much the absolute max, and it may be pretty flat at that point, but if there's more than one person it won't last the day.

Back