bottling bucket as fermenter+adding priming sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmp138

Reaction score
So I used my bottling bucket as a fermenter and Im going to bottle the batch tomorrow. I was wondering if I can just go ahead and bottle straight out of the bucket since the trub will probably be below the spigot. I think this should work fine but how should I add the priming sugar. I figured I could just gently stir it in, I was just worried about aeration. Thanks for the help.

When you stir, you are going to rouse up the trub causing a lot of yeast to go into suspension. You may want to look into using carb tabs.

you'll get quick a bit of trub if you do that.

If you can't get another bottling bucket for whatever reason - get a bucket from homedepot; rack into that; clean your bottling bucket (and spigot!!!!) extremely well.

After one experience, I'll pretty much guess you'll pick up an Ale Pail for a primary. Man, those spigots can become trub traps if your ferment in them!

Yeah I always ferment in ale pails or carboys I just ran out of fermenters so I had to use my bottling bucket in a pinch. I think I have come up with a solution and should be well on my way to tasty brew by this afternoon.

Back