Bottling and sanitaion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

club2682

Reaction score
Hello, I am a newbie with my first batch ready to be bottled in about a week. I have a question (prob dumb) about sanitizing.
I have San Star and from what I have read about it is really safe to use. My question is: is it safe/ the right way to go if I sanitize my bottles immediately before I fill them, or do I have to wait for them to dry?
In general, when I am using san star, can i use my equipment right after I spray, wash them in the sanitizer? The warnings on the bottle seem pretty serious.

Star San, diluted according to the label is safe for skin contact and for ingestion. The sanitizer works while wet. Do not fear the foam. I put beer in bottles that are full of foam from being sanitized with Star San with no ill effects. Allegedly the constituents are food for the yeast. Star San will not impart off flavors to your beer (assuming correct dilution).

I do wash the stuff of my skin once I'm done working with it, it is acidic.

The warnings are only for the undiluted solution, once it's been diluted with the proper water ratio it's perfectly safe. No need to rinse just sanitize and go no need to rinse :ban:

Ok.....sounds good. Thanks for you reply's. Can't wait to bottle and crack open my first bottle in about 3 more weeks!

Latest posts

Back