Bottling a California Common questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ktaco

Reaction score
The recipe I'm following has instructions for kegging, but not bottling.

I am ready to bottle +/- 3 gal. that has been in my 40 degree fridge for about a month. Beersmith says to use 1.59 oz corn sugar. Northern Brewer states 1.5 oz. 2.6 carbonation level. If i figure the standard .8 oz/gal, it would be 2.4 Beer Recipator says 1.67 :confused:

Should I bottle at the fermented 40 degree temp, or bring it up?

Once bottled, can I condition in the basement, or put it back into a fridge? Quite honestly, I only have one fridge and I'm not sure a case and half of bottles are going to play nice with everything else in there i.e., not enough room.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

1.5 to 1.7 ozs would not make that much of a difference. shoot for the middle, your scale probably has a margin of error almost as wide

it will warm while bottling, no need to warm it up first. just rack it to bottling bucket and start bottling

after bottling, carbonate at 70 for a couple weeks, condition a bit lower, refrigerate a couple at a time, a couple days before drinking

Thank-you. 5 oz. of corn sugar lined up for tomorrow. I'm going 1.7.:)

Kevin

Back