Bottles with stains on the walls

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acm28

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to this (it's my second batch) and so I don't know if this is normal or not but I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify it for me. 😁

I bottled (and added sugar for priming) 2-3 weeks ago 30 bottles of 0.75L of a Belgium Tripel beer, at the time I bottled the beer it seemed completely normal to me, it had a good color and a good smell but yesterday when I went to see the vast majority or even all of the bottles had some stains (the bottles were new and had been completely cleaned).
As this is only the second batch I've made, I don't know if it's normal or if I should be worried (the first batch I made was the same beer but didn't have these stains). I'll attach a photo to give you a better understanding. Thank you in advance for your help (and I apologize for the poorly written English... 😅)

Attachments

• 20240328_125311.jpg
    20240328_125311.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240328_125221.jpg
    20240328_125221.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
By the way, I don't know if it has any influence but I would like to say that when I bottled I left the bottles all upside down for 1 week and then put them upright (something I was told to do)

Just be careful with them until after you open them. If they do have a infection, then more CO2 will have been produced and you might have a bottle bomb.

Maybe just a seething volcano after opening. So be ready to loose most of the beer with never ending foam after they are opened.

I don't know about leaving bottles upside down after bottling. First I've ever heard that.

But maybe it's just the way sediment fixed itself on that part of the bottle. I wouldn't worry about tasting it.

I hope that's all it is, the way the sediment settled, but I'll be careful when I open them

They told me that 1 week turned upside down and I decided to try it, to be honest I don't know to what extent it can influence the beer but if I had to take a chance I would say it's for the area of contact with oxygen to be bigger and help with the start of fermentation. (I don't know if I'm writing something nonsense), anyway, I thought it was okay to try it and decided to give it a try.

Thank you for the clarification and I hope that when I put the bottles in the fridge these sediments will precipitate to the bottom of the bottle, in any case when I open them I will let you know what happened

Thank you!

Hello,
I'm new to this (it's my second batch) and so I don't know if this is normal or not but I would really appreciate it if someone could clarify it for me. 😁

I bottled (and added sugar for priming) 2-3 weeks ago 30 bottles of 0.75L of a Belgium Tripel beer, at the time I bottled the beer it seemed completely normal to me, it had a good color and a good smell but yesterday when I went to see the vast majority or even all of the bottles had some stains (the bottles were new and had been completely cleaned).
As this is only the second batch I've made, I don't know if it's normal or if I should be worried (the first batch I made was the same beer but didn't have these stains). I'll attach a photo to give you a better understanding. Thank you in advance for your help (and I apologize for the poorly written English... 😅)
"Thank you in advance for your help (and I apologize for the poorly written English... 😅)"
Don't apologize, many of us can't communicate in a second language.

Can you go back to the "they" that you talked to for additional advice? And, if "they" offer additional advice, can you pass it along?
I don't know when I'll be with the person who told me but I'll try to remember to ask him about it and then I'll come here and give the answer.
I also thought it was normal since the brewing kit I bought the first time, the manual (in the bottling part) had a sentence about leaving the bottles upside down for a while, but they didn't say how long... anyway that It matched what my friend had told me

Thank you for the clarification and I hope that when I put the bottles in the fridge these sediments will precipitate to the bottom of the bottle, in any case when I open them I will let you know what happened

Thank you!
Hello, I just came to let you know that today I opened two of the bottles (I put them in the fridge yesterday) and they are great both in terms of aroma and flavor, so it was probably nothing major and as you said, they were just sediments that precipitated on the walls.
In any case, thank you for your help in clarifying this doubt I had.

(By the way, I'm sharing two photos of how it turned out, in case anyone wants to see)

Attachments

• 20240330_130457.jpg
    20240330_130457.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240330_130506.jpg
    20240330_130506.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back