Bottles refrigeration before a party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClemTiger0408

Reaction score
A silly question, I know, but I know you are supposed to chill homebrew bottles at least 24-48 hours before serving. And I honestly notice a huge difference in flavor when I don't do this. I get an after taste that might be associated with the yeast or something.

So my question is, if you know you are having a big party coming up, how do you chill that many bottles for long enough? I have an outdoor cooler that I use frequently. I guess my only option is to put all the bottles in that a few days ahead of time and keep buying ice as opposed to putting them all in the refrigerator (I don't have enough space).

So, what is your typical party setup (bottles only)?

We camp a lot and have one of those monster coolers so we just load that thing up with cases of beer and lots of ice for a few days.

It's extremely well insulated and keeps things cold for almost a week even in hot weather.

I wind up chilling my beers for a week to get good,long lasting carbonation that also drives the head once poured. You might well have to use that cooler as well as some in the fridge as well.

Back