Bottles Needed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbay76

Reaction score
Anyone in the Bethesda, MD area have 2 cases of bottles for sale or trade? I foresee the need for two cases in 3 weeks
Thanks
j:mug:

annapolishomebrew and another brew store (i forget the name ) are in MD that i know of , i get my stuff from annapolis home brew 2 cases of 12 ounce bottles are 30 bucks also if you order online it shows up in like 1 day if its to long a drive

Sounds like it's time for a BYOB craft beer party. You'll have more bottles by the end of the night than you'll want to clean.

3 weeks is plenty of time to drink 2 cases of beer.

It's only a little over 2 beers per day.

Get drinking.

Hmm.... This gives me an idea...

As of now I am officially in business offering a "bottle emptying service". You buy as many bottles as you need, pay my two-way airfare to your house, and I'll drain those puppies down as fast as you need. I will require that you provide a nice greasy breakfast for the duration of this project. I figure 36 per day is a reasonable figure as long as you cover any incidental hospitalization that my be required.

If the quantity exceeds 48 I'll also be needing a comfortable place to sleep it off, and I will expect to have a PS3 with all the latest games at my disposal, or some other form of suitable entertainment.

After all, If I'm going to drink all your beer for you, you can't expect this service to come cheap now, can you? Hell, when I needed a bottle collection I had to "suffer" through it and drink it all myself...

:D

I'll be able to provide 2 cases for you. A couple samples for a couple cases if you want. I'll be out of town this weekend so maybe next week or weekend will do. I'm right up by Urbana. I would prefer you bring a couple boxes that will fit sixpacks. Send me a PM if you are interested.

:mug:

Thanks gents for the offers. Truth be told, I would drink them myself but I just bottled a Duvel clone, a Belgian holiday ale, a bourbon barrel vanilla imperial porter and have enough to bottle a MCAB bourbon barrel imperial porter and a dubbel. I still want to knock out a Belgian Dark Strong before it gets cold over here. The bottled beers aren't drinkable yet as they are all bottle conditioning and these styles typically need another month or so to be ready, except for the bourbon barrel types, which rock after 6 months.

Bigbeavk, a Pm is coming your way.
Cheers
J

Jaynik,
Thanks for the offer but that's a bit longer of a drive for me than to Urbana, and Urbana is a fairly long drive for me. Where exactly are you in Annapolis?

Do you have a recycling center near-by? If you do, take a fishing net long enough to reach into the dumpster and go dig some out. Soak 'em in oxyclean for a day or so and you are good to go.

You know, that's a pretty good idea. I don't have a fishing net but I do have gloves....

I do it when ever I run short of bottles. Of course I live in the Bud Light capital of the world so I have to dig through a lot of twist offs to get to a few decent bottles...

Back