Bottles from local bar!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbomb

Reaction score
I went to my closest bar over the weekend to talk with the owner. To see if he could save some pop top bottles for me. I asked him if he could just throw them in the beer boxes and I would pick them up at the end of the night.

He said he had someone else taking them off his hands. I offered him a half a case of my beer he tried it and he said they are all mine!

Gotta love bartering! Kinda wish I can give some to a farmer so he can give me supplies :) :mug:

I thought about doing that at the hole in the wall bar in my town and then realized who drinks out of them.... Decided against it..

Just clean them real good and it will be okay. I get werid looks at a bar when I ask to keep my bottles.

Yeah I'd give you a wierd look too. I dont need bottles that bad.

I'd wash em out with HOT water, even though I know it won't really do anything different or contribute anything in addition to sanitizer... but peace of mind a little bit.

I get all my fliptop bottles from a local bar. It takes about 2 weeks for them to save me up a case but i now have 10 cases of fliptops and it did not cost me anything. The local bar is always a great place to get bottles.

Back