bottled Hefe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Born Brewing Co.

Reaction score
Man, hefe seems to carbonate quick. Batch has been in the bottle 4 days, and because I'm impatient I sampled one last night. Already has great carbonation and taste. I need to lock it way for two weeks so I don't drink it prematurely.

I'm hoping my Hefe comes out as well. I just brewed it on Saturday, so I have a while before I can taste it.

Everyone must be brewing a hefe. I just bottled one yesterday. I'll check mine in a couple days to compare carbonation. By the way, what yeast did you use?

brewsmith said:
Everyone must be brewing a hefe. I just bottled one yesterday. I'll check mine in a couple days to compare carbonation. By the way, what yeast did you use?

White Labs - American Hefeweizen Yeast
Paulaner Hefe Clone calls for Bavarian Hefeweizen Yeast, my LBS didn't have this so I had to go with American Hefe yeast

I used the White Labs Hefeweizen IV and from what I can tell just from smell and taste at bottling, it is very close to a traditional hefe like Paulaner. You may want to give that a try sometime.

Back