Bottled from Keg incorrectly - how to fix w/o carbonation drops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mackinskor

Reaction score
I had a kegging accident where I forgot to keep the beer cool before I bottled from the keg with CO2. First time only error :(

I have no local homebrew store that carries these "drops" and was wondering if there was a scientific formula of some sort that I could whip up my own batch of priming sugar+water to then administer a tiny amount of the concoction to add to the bottles, instead of holding out for "drops".

My reason for not ordering them online is that I don't want to pay ~$7 for shipping on a ~$5 item.

Big help if anyone knows! :)

Was the beer carbonated before it went into the bottle?

If it was, I do not see this as much of a problem. Once the cap is on, the gas can't really go anywhere. Try one and see if it is okay.

If you can find a accurate pipette, your could make some priming solution then add an equal amount to each bottle.

Or do what I did once when I had a mistake and added a spoonful of table sugar to each bottle and recap. I can't remember how much sugar I added but I followed what CraigTube did on one of his early episodes found on youtube!

No the beer has been bottled since June and there is no carbonation. I doubt there was much carbonation in the keg before I bottled. I am either going to take the regular amount and just divide the total amount of priming solution by the number of bottles and use an exact amount for each bottle. Theoretically that should work, right?

Latest posts

Back