Bottled Beer During Shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have some buddies in another state that I would like to send a couple of bottles of beer to. I will be bottling from the keg which is at a constant temp of 35 degrees. After the beer is bottled and shipped im afraid that the change in temperature (rise during shipping; re-cooling before consumed) will affect the flavor of the beer. Anyone have any experience with shipping? Should I add an ice pack for safe measure? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

I ship beer all the time off of the kegger. No worries. The beer will arrive fine as long as the shipping method isn't to violent (broken bottles, etc.)

I figured as much but it never hurts to get a second opinion for you assume something will be ok...god knows thats bit me in the ass more times than i like to remember...Cheers hammy!

No, you should be fine. Lots of beer is shipped unrefrigerated. It's not ideal, but a shipment via private carrier will be so short it's just not going to matter.

Back