bottle storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brockettbrews

Reaction score
my boxes that i put the bottles in got wet and wont hold my full bottles. Is there anything else i can put them in that would hold them neat like the box???

I use the CW Crate bottle crates, and they are friggin awesome. Much studier than you'd think, and if they get wet and sticky, you just hose them off.

Highly recommended!

Too bad you're in SC,I have a whole stack of craft 12 pack boxes I'd like to give away. Plus some bottles. But the milk crates are fine if you have a dark place to put them.

Keep your eye out on trash days for milk crates, some people just throw them out, I got half dozen or so that way. If you have a local recycle center near by look there too, when I went to get bottles I came home with a few crates too.

I use milk crates which stack and each can hold one case of beers in half the footprint of any beercase plastic or cardboard. And they stack to high heaven.

181316_10150091021744067_620469066_6196013_3815685_n.jpg

I just use a big rubbermaid box. holds the beer great, keeps light out, and in case of any bottle bombs, it durable enough that it wont pierce it, so less mess! Cheap at wal mart for like 7 bucks!

thanks everyone will look at all options!! i like the rubermaid idea beacuse i could put ice in it and have some cold ones lol!!!!

I use these. I bought a few of them from a restaurant supply warehouse for around $6 each. They can hold 35 beers in 12 oz bottles or about 28 Grolsch bottles.

791278_300.jpg

I just use a big rubbermaid box. holds the beer great, keeps light out, and in case of any bottle bombs, it durable enough that it wont pierce it, so less mess! Cheap at wal mart for like 7 bucks!

This is what I do for all the reasons stated. I get the ones big enough to hold a case of 22 0z bottles. I have four of these tubs to store beers in conditioning phase as well as empties.

Pez.

im actually using my large mash tun. working well. doing alot of 2 gallon batches. have a smaller mash tun for them.

Back