Bottle out of a keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordonwes

Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon vanilla porter I just kegged and I want to bottle some of it. Can I bottle it straight from the keg without priming sugar or do I need to add some? If so, how long will they need to condition?

if you plan on drinking it right away...think of a growler being filled at your local brewery. turn down the pressure and fill slowly. if you plan on storing for a while, use a beer gun and make sure to purge the bottles with C02 prior to filling. there is no need to prime something that already has been force carbed.

I've carbonated the keg...it's only been two days and it's in a fridge that's consistently at 34 degrees. I tried some of the brew today as it had a nice 1-1 1/2" foam on top with bubbles throughout the beer. It tasted swell. I just wanted to bottle some to take to some possible investors and didn't want to wait forever for the priming sugar to do its thing. Thanks for the advice fellas!!!

this is what i use when i want to take a 6er or 12 pack some place..hope the picks are ok:)

bottle filler.jpg

close up.jpg

Latest posts

Back