Bottle Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canine

Reaction score
I know that there is plenty of info out there already, but things change fast these days. I am new to the home brew scene and want to print custom labels, Grogtag wants $25 for 12 labels and neckers. I know there are better options out there. I would like something nicer than plain paper from my printer but I cant afford those highfalutin prices. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have 5 gal of ale resting and another 5 gal lagering right now. Thanks.

Beer labelizer makes nice labels. Get a pack of laminating sheets. Iron on the top side only thru a T-shirt. A dab of Elmer's on back glue s them to bottles perfectly.

Find some free label software (or use Word) and create your own. Copy it as many times as you can to one page then save to a thumb drive. Then, take it to Staples or OfficeMax (pennies on the dollar compared with online services) and have them print it on nicer paper. Then, cut them out and you can use milk to stick it to the bottle.

Edit: You could buy the bottle label stock but it can be expensive when you include the price of ink.

I think it's worth printing at a print shop if you don't have your own laser printer. You can then stick on the bottles with milk, as has been suggested, or a thinned elmers glue or glue stick or whatever. I personally haven't had any luck with milk, but everyone else says it works great.

Back