Bottle labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neathawk49

Reaction score
Hi there,

While I would like to invest in having a logo and labels professionally made, it is not quite in my budget right now.

But what I would like to do is stick on a blank white label that would not be bothered by water or use, that could be written on in maybe sharpie or dry erase so writing could be replaced with each batch.

Anyone use or know if any product that fits this description? If I could find it locally (Michaels, Walmart, etc) that would be preferred.

Thanks!!

Dry erase would smear with moisture. Sharpie is permanent. They make labeling paper that will work in a printer. Moisture will make ink jet ink run.

Other than that - Sharpie on the cap....

Thank you all, these are pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I think the Grog Tag is a much better deal.

http://garagemonk.myshopify.com

Check these out. Watch the video as he demonstrates using Dry Erase or a paint pen. He says the paint pen can be removed with rubbing alcohol.

I have also found that most Sharpie ink can be removed with rubbing alcohol. (IsoPropyl Alcohol, don't get your IPA's mixed up. :drunk:). There is (or used to be) a "super" permanent variety of Sharpie that may not have been removable with alcohol. Test before writing on all your labels.

Brew on :mug:

Dry erase would smear with moisture. Sharpie is permanent. They make labeling paper that will work in a printer. Moisture will make ink jet ink run.

Other than that - Sharpie on the cap....

Acetone will remove sharpie ink (basic colors not tested on the metallic inks)

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back