bottle filler from keg to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElevenBrewCo

Reaction score
Whats the best method? Ive seen home made ones and counter pressure ones from kegconnection. Im thinking about buying one but can only find one model. Any ideas?

A racking cane is a racking cane. I used the one I had after I replaced it with an autosiphon.

I used the method above and it works well. I got some money at Christmas and bought myself a Beergun. I like the ability to blast the bottle with co2 first before filling, especially for stuff I want to store for a while.

stevo155 said:
I used the method above and it works well. I got some money at Christmas and bought myself a Beergun. I like the ability to blast the bottle with co2 first before filling, especially for stuff I want to store for a while.

Where did you get your beer gun from?

Where did you get your beer gun from?

Austin Homebrew Supply. They sold the accessories needed to hook it up and free shipping because it was over $100. Prices in the end were very similar to everywhere else, but their diagram on there site showing how to hook it up sold me.

Are you happy with its performance? Do you have to cap your bottles immediatly after you fill them?

Actually, I haven't used it yet. No matter what method you use for bottling, you should at least put the cap over the bottle as soon as it is filled so nothing drops in there. Capping on foam also helps drive out any stray oxygen as well.

I hope to bottle up a couple kegs worth this weekend to free them up for new brews so I'll let you know how it goes.

I got a blichmann beergun for Xmas and just used it for the first time the other day. Worked like a charm. I read to back down the pressure to 5 psi to the keg to minimize foaming and everything worked great. I chilled my bottles ahead of time as well. Good luck!

For less than $5, you really can't go wrong with Biermuncher's bottle filler.....I've filled several kegs worth so far and no problems as of yet.

Back