Bottle Conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bottled an Oatmeal Stout on wednesday and want to bring a few bottles along to give to my family when I go see them tomorrow. Would it be alright to pack them in my bag and check them on the plain? Or would it disrupt the process of the yeast conditioning the beer in some way. I know its a strange question, but if any of you know the help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

I think the concern would be whether the stowage comparment is pressurized or not. That might be the sticky point?...

I have taken Commercial Craft Beer before and have never had explosion problems, I am more concerned about the movement disturbing the bottle conditioning process.

I have taken Commercial Craft Beer before and have never had explosion problems, I am more concerned about the movement disturbing the bottle conditioning process.

I imagine it'll be just fine, although pretty shaken up.

I've sent beer (and received beer) via UPS and while agitated quite a bit so that it's cloudy from the yeast cake being stirred up, the beer was fine once it settled!

Good question. I've shipped beers before,arriving with the dregs stirred up on the other end. That's about the only thing I can think of. So they'd def need the extra time in the bottle to settle what little might be in them by the time they carbonate & condition. They have been in the bottles only 4 days at this point. So by the time they're ready normaly,they should be fine.

Back