Bottle Conditioning Octoberfest Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddie212

Reaction score
I made the Brewer's Best Octoberfest recently using a replacement lager yeast because my kit was old. It was in the primary for 14 days at 54 degrees. I racked to a secondary and lowered the temperature 2 degrees per day until I got it down to 36 degrees where it has stayed for the 3 weeks. The instructions called for 3 to 4 weeks in the secondary so I'm getting close to bottling now. Do I need to add more yeast to bottle carbonate or will there be enough still suspended to do the job? So far, all signs indicate that it fermented well. I made it to my FG at the point of racking. I am worried that I will end up with flat beer after all this effort.

Should be plenty of yeast in suspension, if you're worried about it just drag the racking cane across the bottom of the secondary one time while racking to the bottling bucket. Should get you enough yeast in there.

Latest posts

Back