Bottle conditioning a Helles and a Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skidkid267

Reaction score
So I have two lagers that have been manipulating my fermentation chamber for over two months now and are ready to be bottled. A couple of questions first.

1. I have heard that adding a package of dry ale yeast to the bottling bucket that is filled with the beer and priming sugar solution is necessary, is this the case?

2. If I were to need ato add yeast wouldnt some lighter type of yeast be better as to not add any off flavors?

I have posted a couple of threads on these beers as they were my first Lagers and I appreciate all the input that I have gotten. The samples have all tasted pretty good. I will say that I am looking forward to brewing a few more ales though.

Thanks Revvy!

So even though the yeast has been through initial fermentation (I hit the OG and FG pretty close) and lagering for close to 4 weeks @34 deg F, there are enough of them to perk up when the bottling sugar hits them so that they will give me good carbonation?

I plan on the bottles being kept at room temp directly after bottling and then chilled for drinking after a few weeks, this sound okay?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back