Bottle Bucket

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rzar

Reaction score
What is the advantage of using a bottling bucket? When I go to bottle I rack the beer into another carboy and then use a syphion with bottling attachment.

same difference. The bottle bucket is just gravity fed. You can punch a hole in your secondary bucket and use it that way if you want. I just have one b/c I usually keep two brews at a time and need the extra bucket to rack into and it was cheaper than a carboy.

I use a corny keg as a bottling bucket. You can use the picnic tap to fill the bottles without worrying about the siphon, and there's WAY less spillage/drippage.

Bottling bucket "how to" video from BYO magazine.
http://***********/videos/24-videos/1795-bottling-your-beer
or in google type
site:byo.com "bottling your beer"

Summary: attach a two inch long hose to the bottling bucket spigot, then attach the bottling wand to the two inch hose. This setup spills less beer and its easier to view the bottle fill level compared to bottling on the ground using a long hose.

The only special thing about a bottling bucket is the spout on the bottom. You don't need to do any siphoning, but you do have to tilt the bucket a lot because the spout is mounted so high.

Just buy a 3/4" PVC 90* at Lowes/HD, it works a charm as a "dip tube". This way you get all but an ounce or three from the bucket.

Back