bottle bomb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buhay

Reaction score
I had bottled a pale ale 17 days ago and it had finished out after taking gravity readings 3 days apart. It was an og of 1.046 and finished at 1.012

I had opened up my rubbermaid today to grab some glass bottles of an older batch to throw in the fridge for a few days and noticed that one bottle, its like the bottom just fell off. Just one and I hadn't opened this thing up probably since I bottled 17 days ago. Should I take the rest of that batch in put them in the fridge? only 6 or so, the rest are in plastic. I age the glass bottles longer. It's a grolsch swing top. I'm not sure if it's infection or if it was a bad bottle that I didn't examine properly.

Any advice would be great. Also temperature is always between 20-23C some days may have gotten to 25C 77F

I want to also take everything out to clean it out properly before it gets moldy.

Also I batch primed and I believe I used 5-5.5oz of dextose for 6US gallons

Could just be a bad bottle. I would put on in the fridge and see how it's coming along in terms of carbonation and flavor. If the carbonation and flavor is coming along nicely, then it was probably a bad bottle.

Could just be a bad bottle. I would put on in the fridge and see how it's coming along in terms of carbonation and flavor. If the carbonation and flavor is coming along nicely, then it was probably a bad bottle.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Back