Bottle Bomb Tester

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why is no webcam set up yet? Just curious

Yeah!

Now that it's final location has been determined (sunny spot), there's no reason why I can't have this on my screen at work all day. People would come by, see it, say "what the hell is that?", and I'd say "this bottle is about to explode". Wouldn't be long before I had a crowd around the desk!

Someone should do a test, get~10 beer bottles they dont care much for. and put yeast+water in each one, and different amounts of sugar. cap and label all and see at what level the bottles explode :)

Should have backsweetend it without stopping fermentation before priming and bottling. Probably would have blown in 2 hours. Maybe not that soon, but it wouldn't have been a long wait.

So, the only explination is the yeast mutated and no longer releases CO2, turns everything into alcohol, and furthermore cannot be killed, once the bottle breaks, it will start to consume the world and those who are not killed initially will become incredibly intoxicated, and die by alcohol poisoning.

So, the only explination is the yeast mutated and no longer releases CO2, turns everything into alcohol, and furthermore cannot be killed, once the bottle breaks, it will start to consume the world and those who are not killed initially will become incredibly intoxicated, and die by alcohol poisoning.

Sounds good to me.

image-452904454.jpg

Daily update

image-3370431664.jpg

It's hard to tell from the pic but it's starting to show signs of pressure build up. From the caps can you tell which one it is?

image-3775353756.jpg

The center of the cap is starting to bulge slightly.

GOOD NEWS! Ok so in the last hour or do the cap is increasing in pressure. I think it may happen today or tomorrow at the latest.

image-1393716567.jpg

Moved to a new location. I got a 16 month old son running around and didn't want him to get hit by shrapnel. It's increasing in pressure, I wish I had a webcam to set up, it's so close!!!

This is the coolest thread ever. I can't wait to witness the inevitable carnage. I agree though, a webcam would have been epic.

Oh boy, the JackAss Beer Channel !

I think I'm gonna go over prime some bottles right now! ...and set up the web cam!

:mug:

You should put a catalope or a grapefruit in there. We could see the damage caused to "exposed fleshy parts" when it blows!

I can't decide if this is the most epic thread ever, or the most fail thread ever. :D

I can't figgur out whether the bottle's definitely gonna blow. ?

Was it intentionally over-primed? Sorry, I just re-read the OP but am having trouble comprehending....:drunk:

naga77777 said:
I can't figgur out whether the bottle's definitely gonna blow. ?

Was it intentionally over-primed? Sorry, I just re-read the OP but am having trouble comprehending....:drunk:

You'll understand it in the morning ;) he back sweetened and then isn't refrigerating this one

HAREEBROWNBEEST said:
Pismo can't wait

Safety goggles in order for Pismo! If Pismo is like my girls, he'll be trying to get in the action shot. I know you don't have a webcam, but take a picture every couple milliseconds and you might get lucky catching it! :)

Should have added some hops so it would skunk - then you would have a dual purpose bottle / stink bomb.

It's going to be dissapointing if that thing don't blow.

Then again let me repeat.... Tick tock, tick tock, how much time left on the clock, tick tock, tick tock..........

Like everything else in brewing, patience is key.

Wow this just got intense!!! Edge of seat and just fell on the floor. I'm all out of seat.

This thread is actually pretty faith building as far as what a bottle can actually withstand. Theres got to be 70-80 psi there.

Latest posts

Back