Boston micro brews

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
Headed to Boston Thursday and already have plans to check out the Sam Adams tour.

Outside that and harpoon - what other good micro breweries /. Restaurant breweries should I hit up?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm sure other people will give you some good info.

I just watched Brew Dogs Boston show last night that I DVRed from November.

They always list bars and breweries.

It may be possible to find this list on the net. I'm on my phone and searching is always limited.

If you can't find it let me know and I will rewatch and post it.

Of course getting recommendations from locals is better than a TV show

Trillium, mystic, idle hands, night shift are all great breweries. Also, CBC is worth a visit.

Headed to Boston Thursday and already have plans to check out the Sam Adams tour.

Outside that and harpoon - what other good micro breweries /. Restaurant breweries should I hit up?

Boston beer works is good. It is right across from Fenway. They have good food too.

Jack's Abbey is a must...I know its not technically Boston but Framingham is right down the road. At least get to a bar and have a few.

Agree with all of these. Especially CBC (cambridge brewing company) - great place for some grub too.

Trillium makes a great pale ale. If you are looking for a bar that serves it, i think Lord Hobo (walking distance from CBC) usually has some on tap.

have fun!

Trillium, mystic, idle hands, night shift are all great breweries. Also, CBC is worth a visit.

For a general bar with a huge beer selection, Sunset Grill and Tap on Brighton Ave in Allston, just off the Green A Line.

I was in Boston a couple weekends ago. Great town to visit.
Be sure to check out Union Oyster House if you're into seafood. A couple cool taverns right next door too, (Bell in Hand, Green Dragon)
Bukowskis is great, lots of beers on tap, cool atmosphere.

Sam Adams isn't too exciting, but worth going to just because its Sam Adams.
Harpoon was great. We drank a lot of beers there.
We stopped by Trillium, they don't have a taproom but they'll give you samples. Neat little place, great beers.

Sunset Grill and Lord Hobo are probably the two best bars beer-wise...so many other cool ones though

Pretty Things are good beers.
http://prettybeer.com/wp/

Sunset has lots of beer but service really sucks. Go across the street to the common ground. Smaller selection of beer but much better everything else.

Did the harpoon your over Sam Adams - glad I did. The setup is awesome.! The beer hall and pretzels was great and the tasting room during the tour was cool. I also liked how they have us green beer to try. It was their IPA and you can notice a lot f similarities to home brewed green beer so that was a cool comparison.

Did the harpoon your over Sam Adams - glad I did. The setup is awesome.! The beer hall and pretzels was great and the tasting room during the tour was cool. I also liked how they have us green beer to try. It was their IPA and you can notice a lot f similarities to home brewed green beer so that was a cool comparison.

Sweet!

I live about a mile from the brewery, your post is a reminder I have to take another tour!

Latest posts

Back