Boston area breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scraggybeard

Reaction score
I'm heading from Boston to Lowell Tuesday afternoon and am looking for advice on breweries to hit up. I'm heading to Trillium after landing and have thought about Aeronaut, Lord Hobo, Idle Hands, or Night Shift. Any recommendations out of those or any others to put on the list?

Thanks!

Aeronaut is pretty cool. Have not been to Lord Hobo but have not been impressed with their beers available in stores. Idle Hands and Nigh Shift both very good. I would add Mystic Brewing to the list too, and if you have the time Somerville Brewing is ok, but would hit the others before that if you have time constraints.

Enjoy the trip!

Aeronaut is pretty cool. Have not been to Lord Hobo but have not been impressed with their beers available in stores. Idle Hands and Nigh Shift both very good. I would add Mystic Brewing to the list too, and if you have the time Somerville Brewing is ok, but would hit the others before that if you have time constraints.

Enjoy the trip!

Agreed with Lord Hobo and Mystic, but would caution on Night Shift. Have been noticing that their beers have been going downhill, and while some are good, some of them are almost undrinkable (either sours that are all acetic acid, or non sours with other strong off flavors). I was a fan when they started, but have had a lot of bad experiences with them recently.

Aeronaut has some excellent beer. Somerville is decent. Mystic is excellent. Skip Lord Hobo, the bar is great, but the brewery is not so much. Night Shift is mostly miss. Idle Hands has some nice stuff. If you're going through Everett Bone Up just opened this past week. May be worth a look.

Thanks all. Sounds like there is consensus on Aeronaut and Mystic so I think those will be on the short list. Appreciate the help!

I know it's not the same caliber as some of those already mentioned, but the Harpoon tour is a pretty good time.

And Treehouse isn't too terribly far from Boston.

Ha! Doesn't account for traffic though. On a good day you are looking at 3hrs round trip of driving.

Highly recommend the Trillium Canton location. Also Nightshifts latest Morph and OHTT have been great. Worth the trip.

I've been to Trillium once in the spring and it was packed, line back into the field. Is it usually that busy or did I just catch it right (wrong)?

Latest posts

Back