Born again brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droot

Brewing since 1991
Reaction score
Hey you guys this is crazy. I brewed the same way for quite a few years. I started in 1992. My only information came from the home brew digest, Charlie P's book and Dave Millers book. I stopped about 1999 maybe 2,000.

So I start brewing Late in may. First time in 9 or 10 years.

I have brewed 5 11 gallon all grain batches so far.

You folks are not good for me..... :mug:

I started reading the stuff here and things improved.

I have purchased....

7 gal Conical fermenter
Earlmyer flask
Stir plate
One Glass 5 gal carboy. I said I would never use one again after I broke the last one.
A couple more cornys. They used to be $39.00 used, now $25.00

Started washing yeast and saving wort.
No chill.....I bought my second cube today.....

Edit: I also purchased a one room air conditioner so I can keep my fermenter cool. Its in my bedroom...

Thanks to all!

David the happy brewer.

Sheesh!

I'm 48 and not married....

I was in the same boat - I had taken a break from brewing for about 6 years or so. I ran across a kit I bought a couple years back and just didn't get around to brewing it. Life happened and stuff, and brewing had to take the back burner with the heat turned off. So, after I came across the kit, it made me want to get back into brewing. Remembering that the instructions with kits were sometimes over simplistic and sometimes left some things to the imagination, I checked several books out from the local library and came here. I have brewed another batch since that kit, and am well on my way to doing my first all-grain beer. I doubt that without this forum I would have even attempted an AG brew. So glad to be back into the swing of things... :)

Ditto with re-entering the joyful world of the homebrewer. Used to brew for a brewpub, which eventually closed. Had kids (actually, my wife had them) which pretty much shut down the brewery until this summer. Had a wonderful time brewing my old standard pale ale, now I'm getting ready to brew it again with a little twist -- I'm going to use some oak chips.

I was a two or three times a year homebrewer.... then I found this place.
I blame them for my now bi-weekly brew habit.

:mug:

I was a two or three times a year homebrewer.... then I found this place.
I blame them for my now bi-weekly brew habit.
:mug:

It's always cool when you can find someone to blame for what you wanted to do anyway............;)

Welcome...........:tank:

Back