Bombs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CADragon

Reaction score
I bottled some weizenbock last week, and found out two bottles bombed sometime this week (my first bombs after many batches, so proud). So, should I expect the rest to blow? The other bottles I've sampled taste good, should I not enter them into a competition as planned? (Don't wanna hurt any judges) :eek:

Did you mix the sugar in bucket stirring well or did you do it in the bottle (sugar or tabs)? If you mixed it in the bucket, you might be OK and those two were the last bit with more yeasties.. store them some place cooler in a rubbermaid (or something to contain more possible bombs). If they taste good and are carbed well, just keep an eye on them RDWHAHB

Yeah, I bottled with boiled priming sugar in a bucket, and it looks like those could have been the last two bottles (or just one took out the other).

Now I have to clean sticky broken glass off the rest of the bottles, what precautions do people take? I have safety glasses, obviously. Should I get some kind of special gloves? Wish I had a suit of plate mail. :drunk:

I'd wear work gloves and a jean jacket or something. Got a fullface helmet? :)

When you get them cleaned off you might want to put them in a rubbermaid container with a lid, like this:

I call it a "bomb shelter". And even if you have no scary bottles you can use it to hold regular batches. Plus SWMBOs seem to like shopping on the container aisle and will have fun helping you pick one out.

Back