Boil Kettle Idea Question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ctrlpabrewer

Reaction score
So...I might be able to get my hands on an 80qt (ish) Hobart mixer bowl. Do you think that I can convert that into a boil kettle? It's used and has a few scratches/dings.

Thoughts and Thanks!

The bottom of ours at work is rounded with only about a 6" circle of flat at the bottom so I would be concerned with the stability of it, especially with boiling liquid, unless you have an idea for a base to set it in.

:mug:

The bottom is pretty contoured. I think that'd make it difficult to install a drain valve. Maybe you can weld one on?

As long as you can figure out a way to get it over a burner, sure it'll work. Weld on some legs I guess.

I was thinking that I would need to build a support using the band where the bowl sits in the mixer. Hadn't thought about a drain valve...I currently just pour my 7 gal (turkey fryer conversion) into the primary. I get a lot of turb but good aeration as well.

Back