Bochet has stalled

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goofynewfie

Reaction score
1g with about 3.3lb honey , lavlin k1v-116. gravity was 1.10 but has remained at 1.06 for about 2 weeks now. Have tried gently stirring yeast back into suspension, shook it to degas and add more oxygen, added another1 tsp of nutrient but nothing so far has worked. Next plan is to raise temp to mid 70s from the mid 60s. Any suggestions I may be missing?

I'd warm it up a bit. That OG isn't bad at all, should have churned out.

I had a bochet stall at 1.050 and I checked the pH and it was 3.8. So I pitched an EC-1118, nothing happened. I set it on a shelf with a balloon over the top because there was not enough room for an airlock. It sat in there for a month, then suddenly it just started going again. I opened up the cupboard one day and the balloon was half inflated so I pulled it out put an airlock on it and it has been happily bubbling away for a couple of weeks now. So I say if nothing else works just set it aside and wait, it may spontaneously start up again by itself.

My first bochet also stalled. I wonder if there's something to do with burning the honey that makes it harder to ferment.

Back