BMC in a brewpub, WTF?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrk305 said:
I took my BIL to Smokey Mountain Brewery in Gatlinburg TN and he ordered a Bud Light. The waiter started to say something, but I cut in. I said, instead of ordering off of the menu, why don't you ask for a Big Mac, too! They make beer here! Try one!

Oooh...Smokey Mountain Brewery. I love that place -- I once spent an entire afternoon eating giant pretzels and drinking beer there. I don't miss much about living in Knoxville, but I do miss that place.

Rhoobarb said:
You've never traveled on business!:D I was in outside sales for many years and spent a lot of time on the road.

Alone.

Sitting in a nice brewpub or bar with a decent selection of local beer, some good sports on the TV and/or nice 'talent' to look at, sure beats the hell out of a six pack in your hotel room and cable TV. And it gives you a chance to sample several local beers in one sitting.

Ah, you got me there! Ok, so now I feel even more sorry for those guys.

Redskins838892 said:
blah blah blah..a lone guy sitting there drinking a miller lite ...blah blah blah...Its the equivalent in my opinion to going to a steakhouse that is known for its awesomeness and ordering shrimp scampi.

Did you just compare Miller Lite to shrimp scampi??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Sir Humpsalot said:
My local Brewpub is about $3.50 for their microbrew, or $5.50 for a Bud Light. I laugh when folks order the Bud Light, but what the hell...

f-f-f five-fifty for a beer? Where the heck is that? Talk about an outrageous cost of living. For that much it better come with a lap dance or something, unless they price it that way on purpose to get people to buy the house brew. Around these parts a beer is almost half that, and I think that's expensive.

ChrisS68 said:
f-f-f five-fifty for a beer? Where the heck is that? Talk about an outrageous cost of living. For that much it better come with a lap dance or something, unless they price it that way on purpose to get people to buy the house brew. Around these parts a beer is almost half that, and I think that's expensive.

No, not $5.50 for a beer. $5.50 for a Bud Light.

Beer is only $3.50... and that's for a microbrew. And they have one microbrew on special each weekday as well, so you can get a pint for $2.75. And, if you're a commuter, they're by the train station and validate parking, giving you an extra one dollar off. So you can get your first pint of the night for $1.75,

I like it when some of my friends are arguing about which BMC is better. My girlfriend's father says it's Miller Genuine Draft Light. I usually just listen quietly and keep my beer snob opinions to myself. It's kind of amusing to listen to anyways.

Yup, one of my buddies from Texas says Miller Light is "God's tear drops" wont drink anything else, to each their own I suppose :mug: Remember at least that is a step up from those people who refuse to drink beer, if only slightly:cross:

Back