Bluebonnet Brew-off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't expect any awards and didn't get any. Couldn't help getting my hopes up a bit. My whole reason to enter though was to get some anonymous feedback on my beers. Can't wait to get my score sheets, good or bad.

Congrats to all the winners!

I have no info other than what has been said in this thread. I was just making sure I wasn't the only one.

Got mine today. Looked like court docs in a full scary manila envelope. Part of me thought "what did I get caught doing now..."

Anywho guess they should be hitting everyone...

I really enjoyed the notes, but should they really have put the judges name and email address? I mean, I didn't win so who is to say I'm not pissed.

No but really, most of it was great, all mine averaging 30 or higher...

Only funny one was a note on my Christmas that said he couldn't taste the alcohol... The beer was 9.6% ABV! Sheesh most of my non beer drinkers thought it was dessert wine.

Good luck everyone and don't hate the "novice" labelled judges (it says on each one whether they were certified or not, etc.

I really enjoyed the notes, but should they really have put the judges name and email address? I mean, I didn't win so who is to say I'm not pissed.

That is standard for competitions,and I am sure it is not usually problem. I would head out of town, when the score sheets get in.

I got mine too but I think they made a mistake on one of my scores I had a dopplebock go to the second round on the cover sheet they have in the folder that lists all your entries and scores it has my first round as a 42 and then my second round as a 23 which doesn't make sense to me it was judged by 4 judges and the lowest score it received was a 42 the highest being a 44. Anyone have any weirdness like this do you think I should contact someone thats a pretty high score.

Got mine too! My pale ale scored a 35 in the 1st and 38 in the second. My Imperial Brown didn't make it past the 1st with a 34.7.

I'm super impressed that most everything that I thought was wrong with my beers were mentioned by the judges. My score sheets are pretty detailed. I'm glad I entered and I'll enter again.

I got mine too but I think they made a mistake on one of my scores I had a dopplebock go to the second round on the cover sheet they have in the folder that lists all your entries and scores it has my first round as a 42 and then my second round as a 23 which doesn't make sense to me it was judged by 4 judges and the lowest score it received was a 42 the highest being a 44. Anyone have any weirdness like this do you think I should contact someone thats a pretty high score.

We had something similar, some scores went way up and some went way down. The judges have to be critical in the second round; but I agree, it should probably not be a 20 point drop in scores unless your second round scoresheets indicate an infected bottle or such.

Contacting the organizers won't do you much good now, they will not change your scores or award a medal.

sadly "It's just what happens at competitions."

It wasn't from the judging it obviously was mis keyed when they entered the score in the computer it should have been 43 I got two scores of 42 in the first and then I received a 42 and a 44 in the second.

Thanks same to you will be in San Antonio this weekend for the Alamo City Cervasa fest. Hope to medal this time.

My first competition and I got a 36 on my siason and 34 on my berliner Weisse I will compete again. My score sheets were hard to read the comments. The judges must have been a lil wasted when they got to me, But a Master Judge that scored my Saison said " would I have another?... YES" that was cool!

Seems like everyone has gotten their scoresheets. Who do I need to talk to to get mine?

Seems like everyone has gotten their scoresheets. Who do I need to talk to to get mine?

I went the North Texas Homebrewers meeting on Tuesday and they had my scoresheets. If you are a member of one of the local clubs, that club might have your scoresheet.

Latest posts

Back