blueberry options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevenM

Reaction score
Ok I have a blueberry mead in primary. 14 lbs homey 5 gallons water, nutrient and d47 and 5 lbs of blueberry, in primary about 7-10 days. My secondary will be an additional 3 pounds of blueberries and 1 month in secondary. Next I want to split the batch into smaller 1 gallon carboys.

Im trying to decide how to do them differently. I think I'll do one with no additional additives, 1 with a vanilla bean or two, 1 with toasted oak chips, etc...I figure another month with these other additives then rack and sit alone for awhile. What other things can I do to this mead to try out flavors you have had good results from?

You might try adding a couple oz of molasses or craisins. Maybe a 1/2lb of raisins or another pound or 2 of honey. An oz or 2 of grated fresh ginger might be interesting, or even a sprig of mint. You could always mix up the fruit too, maybe add some blackberries and/or strawberries and/or rasberries.
Regards, GF.

Lemon Juice. About 1/4 cup for a gallon. Trust me it will bring out the blueberry flavor.

Hmm, other things to do: Mint, ansie, allspice, Cherries or Strawberries, Polmagranite, not all at once but one for each.

Matrix

Latest posts

Back