blueberry and cherry

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed a 5 gallon extract batch of Northern Brewers American Wheat Ale. Looking forward for fermentation to be complete in a few weeks. OG came in a bit high at 1.044 rather than 1.040, but its cool. I plan on splitting the batch and adding blueberry flavoring to a case and cherry flavoring to a case. Any suggestions? Because i am always open to it.

Thanks-
East Enders Home Brewing Co.

i just bottled a wheat i did and i secondaried it with 3 lbs of fresh cherries just make sure you are prepared for it to ferment out when you add the fruit i had to use a blow off tube for the first time because it went crazy after i added the cherries.

well when i finished bottling i threw the last one in the fridge to chill and it was very smooth tasting good cherry taste not to sweet and not to tart.ill try to keep posted in 2 weeks when i try another.

I decided that going to stick with just blueberries in the secondary, got some frozen wild blueberries, any recomendations on how much to use, for 5 gallons.

Latest posts

Back