blocked at work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smart phone + HBT app? Bribe the IT guy with homebrew? C'mon -- get inspired! You can't roll over that easily!!!

Fortunately, where I work, I'm the one who does the blocking. :rockin:

My advice is to get a new job at another company as the one and only "IT guy" and then you too can have supreme control of the blocklist. Barring that, I second the suggestion to try bribing your IT folks with homebrew. And, just in case you're wondering, if they blocked it because they saw a lot of data traffic to homebrewtalk.com, they know which user it was (i.e., you) and when they were surfing.

Well on the plus side I am back. Apparently the firewall guys messed something up and weirdly not the whole internet was affected. Surprisingly I am the IT guy but do not have access over firewalling on or proxy permissions. I do bring in a growler on occassion for some bri-beer-y, and surprisingly for how much HBT surfing I do, I still out work my coworkers.

Latest posts

Back