blichmann herr weee gooooo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whalenutz

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
ED is the man at brewmasters!!!!!! and i still think im not done but going to 15 gal mlt and 20 gal boil; blichmann chill plate and the crankinstien 320ss, i think i can get away with no hlt but well see ED might be getting another call........:mug: BOOM

ED is the man at brewmasters!!!!!! and i still think im not done but going to 15 gal mlt and 20 gal boil; blichmann chill plate and the crankinstien 320ss, i think i can get away with no hlt but well see ED might be getting another call........:mug: BOOM

Wow! You lucky dog.:D

I just got a set of Blichmans from Ed too... he has some good pricing on them and thier accessories.

Enjoy your new purchase!

You know, you are right... and I was certain that I saw some discrepancies in price when I was shopping. Oh well, none of that matters now. They drop ship from Indiana, so I should be seeing them soon!

Maybe it seems like a great value because the great customer service over there is free! Yah, that is it. ;)

Did you get the auto sparge system too?

Did you get a false bottom for the BK? I hear some people have used them since the "diverter screen" thing is being redesigned due to poor performance on pellets.

I just got a Blichmann 10 gal brew kettle with the FB and 'diverter screen doohickey'. After a lot of searching I found that Forrest is right, same price everywhere, drop shipped from factory. I dunno about Austin Homebrew but Brewmasters WH gives you the low, flat rate shipping on it even though it drop ships from the factory.

I've only used it once and only for the mash so I haven't used the diverter screen. I chose the Blichmann because it appeared to have the best false bottom/pick-up tube arrangement. I was satisfied with how that part of it worked.

Props to Ed for making a personal call to me after hours when Blichmann was having all those problems getting them out. Wasn't his fault Blichmann handled it so poorly.

Yeah, I read on the Blichman site, I beleive, that they are discontinuing the "diverter" due to clogging issues.

I bought the 15s with the falsie and the auto sparge. Also picked up 6 extra Blichman 3 piece ball valves

By the time I added all of this stuff to another pot, I would have purchased a Blichman, the difference being that the Blichman is designed to work as a unit, not cobbled together from generic parts.

Yeah, I read on the Blichman site, I beleive, that they are discontinuing the "diverter" due to clogging issues.

I bought the 15s with the falsie and the auto sparge. Also picked up 6 extra Blichman 3 piece ball valves

By the time I added all of this stuff to another pot, I would have purchased a Blichman, the difference being that the Blichman is designed to work as a unit, not cobbled together from generic parts.

So this is all to be the new and improved, industrial-strength brew structure? Did you ever divulge what it is gonna be?

i did not get the auto sparge set up because i just dont know about it and i haven't heard about it if i hear good news then i will be getting another 15 gal with it but right now i have a rotating sparge arm i bought a year ago and want to try now

I got the Auto Sparge, looks stellar and the principle is simple. It also uses the same method of returning the wort/water to the grain bed that I have used in my old system. It is basically a SS toilet float ;)

I PM'd you too, but I did not have them punch the hole, as I need to orient the hole where it will best suit my plumbing and that is yet to be determined.

Got my Tris in today, posting pics of those for Swagman over in his thread, they are EXCELLENT!

So this is all to be the new and improved, industrial-strength brew structure? Did you ever divulge what it is gonna be?

It is going to be a piece of junk, I will let you see it when I get it cobbled together. May take more than a few tubes of JB weld.

Ah.... Should have read further....

Ah.... Should have read further....

Yeah, I can piece a kettle together, for about the same price as a Blichman... but the parts on a Blichman are MADE to work together. Less than a quart of deadspace under the falsie? AutoSparge? Borosilicate sight gauges? Three piece ball valves? Adjustable thermometers?

They are pricey... crap yeah... but this is my to die for dream rig period. This is my "Check Airman" promotion gift to myself.

Yeah, I can piece a kettle together, for about the same price as a Blichman... but the parts on a Blichman are MADE to work together. Less than a quart of deadspace under the falsie? AutoSparge? Borosilicate sight gauges? Three piece ball valves? Adjustable thermometers?

They are pricey... crap yeah... but this is my to die for dream rig period. This is my "Check Airman" promotion gift to myself.

Maybe you can work out a promotional discount since this is one hell of a testimonial. The Pol can't do it better or for less.....

Not a work around. No one has a lower price than me at my regular price. Now you can get a better deal from me.

Forrest

Maybe you can work out a promotional discount since this is one hell of a testimonial. The Pol can't do it better or for less.....

I dont know that my opinion on equipment is worth much. I wish it were!

The Boilermakers look like the exact same price everywhere to me? I am thoroughly confused now. They are all the same price no matter where you buy, or are they not the same price?

Back to the OP...
I sent you another PM, glad I could help... you spend more $$ HA HA

Latest posts

Back