Blichmann conical fermenter 14.5 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am thinking of ordering a Blichmann 14.5 conical but it would need to be shipped to an FPO(military) address. Does anyone know the size of the packaging? Based on the dimension given on their website, it's possible that it could ship via USPS. However, depending on how much packaging is used, it may not. They seem to all be drop shipped from Blichmann via Fedex so I will have it sent to a friend in the states to mail to me via USPS. I've asked a few homebrew shops but being that it's drop shipped, I expect they won't know the answer as to how it's actually packaged. What I don't wan't is to order one, only for it to be too big to mail and my friend gets to use my $800 fermenter for the next few years till I return. Thanks in advance.

Answering my own post with an email from Blichmann. Perfect!

Charles,
Thank you for the email and for your service. If you would like you can order and we will ship direct, even to APOs. If you still wish to ship via your friend the conical will ship with 30x20x20 dimensions and 45 pounds weight. If you have further questions please feel free to contact me. Have a great day.

Cheers,

Nick

Blichmann Engineering, LLC

Back