• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Blichmann, Burners, Refractometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewer208

Reaction score
Making the switch to induction, and have to get rid of my Blichmann Boilermaker. Also have a new-in-box Darkstar Burner, 1 year old Banjo Burner, and brand new brix/SG refractometer. Most of this is rather heavy so I would refer local pick up, but will consider shipping on the refractometer, or the others if you really want to pay shipping.

Blichmann Boilermaker $240
Darkstar Burner - $30
Banjo Burner - $55
Refractometer - $30

I also have a plastic body single tap tower that came with a kegerator - includes hoses and sanke connector. $25? I can provide a picture of that if you pm me - banjo burner is in the garage so I can take a picture of that as well if needed. WIllu

I work in Lombard, iL and live in Batavia, IL so pickup or meeting spot can be near those areas.

Bill

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

Banjo1.jpg

Apologies all- boilermaker is 10 gallon. I'll get box size and weight on the darkstar

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just out of curiosity, why are you getting rid of the Blichmann Kettle. Have you found that it does not work well with induction?

Did some research on Blichmann and they are described by others as not the correct stainless steel for induction. I did test my induction cooker with it and it began to heat up, but my guess is that it is not as efficient as others. Just bought megapots, and heated 6 gal of 65 degree water to a boil in 33 minutes with my 3000 watt induction cooker

Just bought megapots, and heated 6 gal of 65 degree water to a boil in 33 minutes with my 3000 watt induction cooker
That sounds like a long time, but a very reasonable tradeoff for being able to brew inside and cut out the cost of using propane. Also really good for apartment dwellers.

Interested in the dark star, I work in franklin park and possibly we can work on a pick up time.

Pm me if you want to meet locally on the dark star, or if interested in shipping the ship from zip code is 60148, and the box is 18x18x13 and weighs 14 lbs

That sounds like a long time, but a very reasonable tradeoff for being able to brew inside and cut out the cost of using propane. Also really good for apartment dwellers.

I had 6 gallons of fairly cold water (65 deg) and I got it to a boil faster than I can with propane- still playing around with it and settings on the cooker. 3000 watts (plugs into 220/240v) seems to do the job

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Is the refractometer the type with specific gravity built in or do you have to convert?

Boilermaker sold. Refractometer has Brix scale and specific gravity

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back