Blichmann breweasy conversion with Spike brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iglord

Reaction score
I'm looking at making a franken 5 gallon batch Brew Easy Classic, but replacing the 10 gallon Blichmann kettle with one from Spike. Does anyone know if the Breweasy adapter kit would allow me to put a Blichmann 7.5 gallon kettle on top of a 10 gallon Spike? My thought is I can put a traditional heating element in the Spike kettle instead of the BoilCoil, and use a non-Blichmann specific panel. I like the K-RIMS and prefer the autosparge mash tun system over the mesh basket setup of a single vessel.

I suppose I can also always build a K-RIMS with the brewing vessels side by side, but I really like the stacked design of the Blichmann.

Let me give you some unsolicited advice. The breweasy classic, or any K-RIMS system for that matter is about 100% more expensive and 50% more hassle than a similarly built single eBIAB system for very little benefit, if any. I'm curious what benefit you expect over a single vessel.

Thanks Bobby. I’m actually reconsidering my setup again.

Short story; I have to move for wife’s work. Sold our house and made a crap ton, new house needs a new kitchen. I’ve gotten the spousal agreement to brew in the kitchen since we got a kickass range hood, pot filler, and plenty of electricity. So now we’re looking at the Breweasy compact since that should work in our kitchen but still be able to be stashed away in the kitchen between brews.

Next step: electric range is being replaced with gas, but there is still a 50 amp circuit there. Gotta figure out an extension cord/ inline GFCI so I can go full 240 instead of 110.

Iglord, I have the 10 gallon Brew Easy and the believe the compact/vertical design would work well for you based on your available kitchen space. It rolls easily on the Blichmann platform, so would be suitable for movement when not brewing.

In our previous house, I used an 20 foot 220 volt extension cord and that worked well (easy to find on Amazon). Let me know if I can help you with your decisions on the system.

Back