Blichmann BrewEasy Compact BIAB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewersVocation

Reaction score
Has anyone heard an update on the Blichmann BrewEasy Compact BIAB? It was supposed to come out in middle of July this year?

Also it's in the new Zymurgy
Zimurgy.PNG

Haven't heard of this, but interested to get some details. I have not seen Blichmann refer to the BrewEasy as "Classic" before either as it shows in the ad above.

Looks like it's going to come with the flowmeter. How the water is recirculated is new. In picture 2 it shows a pipe with holes along it. John said it's inserted into the grain bed and the water is added vertically at different levels on the grain bed.

Attachments

• 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    912.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    723.6 KB · Views: 170
  • 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
Sounds like the basket concept has proven successful and they're jumping on the wagon. I've been toying with the idea of having Utah Biodiesel fabricate me a mesh basket for my 30 gallon boil kettle. I'm not so sure the recirculation concept/tube is worth the hassle. I figure with the thermal mass of my batch size, I wouldn't need temperature control, and I can just occasionally stir the mash with a spoon to keep things homogenous.

Last edited:
Back