Blichmann Beer Gun - How long bottles stay carbonated?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulshine

Reaction score
If I use the Blichmann Beer Gun to fill my bottles, how long will they stay carbonated? A few weeks? Few months? Year?

The fill method has no impact on how long beer will remain carbonated. How well you capped the bottle does. The co2 in a properly capped bottle will stay in the bottle either in the head space or in solution, where the co2 is depends on the temperature.

If you do it right for a long time. I popped open a bottle of one 7 months old and it was still carbed fine. The beer wasn't as good because it wasn't supposed to be aged but it was carbonated. The trick is to not lose much carbonation while bottling. Get the beer carbed in the keg how you want it then right before you bottle release all pressure and right after put pressure at about 2-3 psi. Bottling at that psi and your fill shouldn't have much foam. Cap bottles as foam/beers is coming out so you know very little oxygen is left.

Latest posts

Back