Blending Fully carbed homebrew with commercial bottled beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucilleAdams

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a party coming up and I've not got quite enough homebrew in the kegs for the number of people coming. Also, I think the amber cream ale I brewed would be nicely complemented by a touch of oak. I've tried it in a glass and I really like it. Can I just purchase bottled beer that blends well to my tastes in a pint glass and siphon the right amount from a bucket into my keg, re-pressurize and serve or will this result in major problems? I was thinking of blending a bit of Firestone DBA with my already carbed cream ale, but I'm not sure if I'll risk major staling/oxygenation issues. I was thinking I would just gently pour bottled Firestone DBA into a bucket and siphon slowly to avoid too much foam and oxygenation, but I'd hate to ruin all of of my beer and the Firestone on an experiment right before the party. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lucy

Back