BLEECH Craft beers my foot....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
Every year around the holidays, a relative of mine buys me and my brother in law a case of craft beers....Not a bad deal right? Last year it was Sam Adams, year before Petes Wicked, we got some Lienies awhile ago. Others I cant recall. OK so they arent the greatest, but its a good effort on his part and truth be told, they arent terrible beers....not great, but passable, and drinkable.

Well, this year....not so much. Whoever at Michelob thoughtit would be a good idea to make market and actually sell a michelob craft line should be forced to drink Miller high life that been sitting in the sun for six months.

1st up, Rye PA....hmm....bitter crab grass. I can honestly say I would rather drink MGD 64 than this. Drank 1/3 poured it out. My inlaws wrote it down on the calendar that I poured a beer out, and I like IPAs and bitter brews.

Wheat.....Nothing like mashing some hay and bottling it. Sour straw. Drank half, let others sample the rest.

Pale Ale.....tolerable. I finished this one, but when I am used to Ed's Haus Pale ale, well, this was just bland.

Porter.....While I am no expert, I will venture to say this is what an original "working mans" porter was - Low alcohol, low malt taste, low mouth feel, just a poor representation of what is usually for me a good brew. Tyrenenas Chief black hawk porter, and Edmunfiztgerald are two porters I drink regularly. Michelobs Porter tastes like someone took a Chief black hawk porter, drank 1/2 of it, filled the bottle back up with water, capped it an put a label on it. I did finish this one as well.

No one else dared open a Rye PA or a wheat.

I think I am going to keep track of how long the rest of that beer hangs around the inlaws.

OK, rant off. Anyone else try this stuff?

I saw some Michelob bourbon-barrel aged something in the grocery store. I think there was a pic of a snowman on the six pack. I haven't been able to find a review (or a correct name) for this beer. Obviously some sort of seasonal. But i am intrigued.

Tried the Dunkle Weisse. Never had the style before so I was intrigued. Thought it was pretty gross. Six pack lasted forever which doesn't happen around here. Maybe not fair since I haven't had this kind of beer before but I wont buy any of these Michelobs again because of it. Again, not sure if it was the style or not but the beer had no head after 5 minutes in the glass. None. It was like drinking flat coke with banana in it. No thanks.

I saw some Michelob bourbon-barrel aged something in the grocery store. I think there was a pic of a snowman on the six pack. I haven't been able to find a review (or a correct name) for this beer. Obviously some sort of seasonal. But i am intrigued.

I had that last year on tap, not knowing it was michelob and was off my tits about it. A real smooth beverage, great seasonal with out trying too hard.I'm glad you brought it up, I forgot about it.

That's the Michelob Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale.

I was intrigued as well, but the snowman was enough to dissuade me from purchasing it.

they must be brilliant.

Most BMC drinkers will try beers like those first when venturing out of their normal american lager catagory. If they are terrible it's back to their staple. It's a new marketing campagin to reduce loss of patrons

Back