Blackberry Puree addition??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SailorJerry

Reaction score
Hey guys, my wife had my pick up a large can of Blackberry Puree, brewers best I want to say, but I don't know off hand. What I'm curious of is when the best time to add this is, assuming in a secondary?

Thinking of making a variation of the cream of 3 crops with a little of the puree, and then a wheat beer with it as well.

I want to say the can is 24 or 32 oz, it's not infront of me right now so I'm not real sure.

Any input?

I did a Berliner Weisse with fresh raspberries. See link below. After now 2 days in the primary its picked up great strawberry flavor and intense color. For this light type of beer 2 days was plenty with fresh, juicy raspberries. For other types with fuller grain bills i would probably rack to secondary and leave it for 5-10 days.

Raspberries in a Berliner Weisse
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ies-in-a-Berliner-Weisse.647301/&share_type=t

Yes, add in secondary or primary after main fermentation is complete. It will undergo another fermentation, so plan on 2-3 weeks to settle down before packaging.

Back