Black specks in my mango kombucha?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyattM

Reaction score
I have been brewing a kombucha made from a mango purée and a store bought scoby and there have been tiny black specks appearing in the bottom of the jar I’ve been brewing it in. Does anyone have a clue as to what this is?

I peeled and puréed the mango so there shouldn’t have been any black specs in there to begin with.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797.9 KB · Views: 85
I’m not sure but it looks like it could be bits of tea. Is this a possibility? I get bits of tea that are small enough to get through the tea strainer and into the brewing vessel. It doesn’t cause any problems for me. However I usually just do sweet tea in the first ferment and fruit in secondary ferment so I’m not sure what else to suggest.

Hopefully someone with more experience can help you.

I have been brewing a kombucha made from a mango purée and a store bought scoby and there have been tiny black specks appearing in the bottom of the jar I’ve been brewing it in. Does anyone have a clue as to what this is?

I peeled and puréed the mango so there shouldn’t have been any black specs in there to begin with.

Please let us know how it turned out.

Latest posts

Back